The Thomasville City Board of Education approved Sept. 8 the Fiscal Year 2021 budget.
The second and final of two budget hearings was held during the board meeting in the Thomasville High School library.
Final numbers include total projected revenues of $11,915,400.21, and total expenditures of $12,232,338.98, said Avery Ford, chief school financial officer.
The General Fund budget reflects the primary operating functions of the school system and features a projected total revenue of $9,987,213.61 and projected revenues of $10,133,686.70.
The school system will receive $6,608,456.00 from state Foundation funding. The school district will contribute $537,210.00 in its 10-mill match, Ford said.
The school system is projected to receive $1,408,610.00 in county tax revenue, $163,000.00 in district tax revenue and $669,000.00 in local government revenue.
Garth Moss, school superintendent, reported that as of Sept. 8 the current total enrollment included 376 students at TES; 338 at TMS; and 346 at THS.
In other action from the Sept. 8 board meeting, the state-mandated five-year Capital Plan was also approved.
• Ford gave the financial report for July 2020 with payroll totaling $757,212.68 and accounts payable totaling $250,754.40.
• The following personnel actions were approved:
(employment in positions)
Amy Carlisle, teacher at Thomasville Elementary School, nine months, effective for the 2020-2021 school year;
Mya Horton, substitute bus driver, effective for the 2020-2021 school year;
(reassignment in position)
Wendy Thompson, regular bus driver, nine months, to regular bus driver and mid-day bus driver (the last route of the day), nine months, effective for the 2020-2021 school year.
• The current school calendar was amended to allow for two early release days on Sept. 16 and 30. These days will be used for Virtual Help Days for school district faculty. On each day, Thomasville Elementary School will dismiss at 12:15 p.m., and Thomasville Middle School and Thomasville High School will dismiss at 12:30 p.m.
• The school district was approved to participate in the Purchasing Association of Central Alabama (PACA) at a cost of $139.79.
• The school board also approved the 2020-2021 Foster Care Plan, the 2020-2021 LEA Consolidation Plan and the 2020-2021 EL District Plan.