The Thomasville City Board of Education approved April 27 a recommendation from superintendent Garth Moss to extend a $250,000.00 bid with Alabama Roofing and Sheet Metal for additional roofing repairs at Thomasville High School for damages caused by Hurricane Zeta.
The work will involve an additional $54,264.00.
In other action from the April 27 meeting, the board approved the 2021-2022 school calendar.
Classes will begin for student on Aug. 10. The Christmas/winter break will be held from Dec. 20 to Jan. 2, 2022. Spring Break will be held from March 28 to April 1, 2022. Last day for students will be May 26, 2022.
• Avery Ford, Chief School Financial Officer, gave the financial report for March 2021.
Payroll totaled $807,069.37, and accounts payable totaled $275,554.27.
• The following personnel actions were approved:
Cheryl Malone, child nutrition manager at THS, family medical leave request, effective April 28 through May 28;
LaShonda Williams, instructional aide at TES, catastrophic leave request, effective April 5 through May 28;
Hannah Dozier, teacher at THS, family medical leave request, effective May 3 through June 30.
• The board approved an overnight field trip for the THS and TMS cheerleaders to camp June 1-4 at Auburn University.
• Taylor Williams was appointed to the school board April 26 by the Thomasville City Council. He will replace Dr. Jerry Schreiner on the board. Williams will serve in his first meeting in June.
• An executive session was held at the beginning of the meeting for a student hearing.
• The next meeting of the Thomasville Board of Education will be at 6 p.m. on May 25 in the THS library. The meeting will be live streamed on the Thomasville Tiger Nation Facebook page.