The following items were approved Oct. 25 by the Thomasville City Board of Education (meeting in the Thomasville High School library):
• Anjelica Gibson, Chief School Financial Officer, gave the financial report for August 2022. Payroll totaled $960,556.88, and accounts payable totaled $386,993.66.
• The following personnel actions were approved:
Ryan Rowe, Bus Driver;
Chiquita Jackson, Child Nutrition Program Assistant;
Michele Ezell, Mental Health Services Coordinator;
(Employment in Positions)
Kimberly Smith, Science Teacher at Thomasville High School;
LaKendrick Howard, Bus Driver;
Daisy McIlwain, Substitute Bus Driver;
Leanettia Washington, Child Nutrition Program Assistant;
Julian Rembert, Special Education Paraprofessional at Thomasville Elementary School;
Lisa Fullington, voluntary transfer from Science Teacher at THS, nine months, to Science Teacher at Thomasville Middle School, nine months;
Andrea Pate, voluntary transfer from Science Teacher at TMS, nine months, to Gifted Teacher, system-wide, nine months.
(Volunteers - RSVP)
• The bid to purchase milk products for the Child Nutrition Program (CNP) was awarded to East Side Jersey Dairy Incorporation.
• Policy/procedures involving an opt-in for Mental Health Services and Incident Form reporting were approved.
• Changes were made to the 2022-2023 Parent/Student Handbook regarding vehicle regulations.
• The overnight field trip was approved for the THS varsity volleyball team to attend the South Regional Tournament Oct. 19 and 20 in Montgomery.
• An overnight field trip was approved for the THS varsity boys basketball team to attend a tournament Nov. 21-23 in Tuscaloosa.
• A school district Textbook Committee was approved for 2022-2023.
• Proposed state adopted textbooks for 2022-2023 were approved.
• Board member Taylor Williams was nominated as the delegate for the 2022 Alabama Association of School Boards (AASB) Delegate Assembly. Marshall Pritchett will be the alternate.
• The next meeting of the school board has been changed to 5 p.m. on Nov. 29 in the THS library.